- To receive, collect and classify enthusiastically and perpetually all public records that come its way and ensure scientific preservation of the documented heritage of the State.
- To concentrate in a single repository all the non-current records both confidential and non-confidential of the State Secretariat and the authorities subordinate to it.
- To encourage the scientific management, administration and conservation of records of entire state administration.
- To encourage easy access to archival records.
- To promote archival awareness among the public, researchers, scholars, private organizations and the academic institutions for proper care and use of our documented heritage.